The Renewables Infrastructure Group (TRIG), a UK-based energy investment group, has purchased a 49 per cent stake in Repsol Renovables’ Project Valdesolar, a 264 MW solar power park in Spain. Repsol will own the remaining 51 per cent of the Valdesolar project, which it developed and constructed. The deal’s financial terms have yet to be revealed.

The functioning solar park, which is located in the province of Badajoz, spans more than 6 kilometres sq. and has the capacity to power 140,000 households. TRIG is a renewable energy infrastructure investment company with a London stock exchange listing. InfraRed Capital Partners operates as its investment manager, and RES serves as its operations manager. Valdesolar is TRIG’s second investment in the Iberian region, and it aims to increase the company’s technological and geographical diversification.

In May 2021, TRIG signed contracts to acquire a 50 per cent stake in two onshore wind farms, Ranasjö and Salsjö, which are in the pre-construction stage. They are located near Sollefteå and about 100 km from Östersund, in the SE2 Nord Pool price area. The projects have a combined capacity of 242 MW and are located in central Sweden. The Ranasjö project will comprise 25 turbines whilst the Salsjö project will comprise 14 turbines.