This 130-page deck summarizes the most significant developments in the battery industry in 2021. This report is intended to be a comprehensive and accessible overview of the current state of battery research, industry, talent, and policy. Produced by Volta Foundation in collaboration with Intercalation, this report was generated as a community effort by a team of 40 experts from 34 organizations.
The report considers the following key dimensions:
- Industry: Commercial milestones in battery development and manufacturing
- Research: Academic breakthroughs in fundamental battery science
- Talent: Supply, demand, and insights on talent working in the field
- Policy: Government targets, incentives, regulations, and their implications
- Predictions: Trends that are likely to happen in the next 12 months
View the presentation here