This is Climate Bonds Initiative’s (CBI’s) first study of post-issuance disclosure practices of green bonds in China, produced in partnership with SynTao Green Finance. It builds on the series of global studies on this topic that Climate Bonds has conducted over the last few years.
By shedding more light on reporting practices, the aim is to understand the availability and attributes of disclosure on the use of proceeds (UoP) and environmental impacts/benefits of the projects, assets and activities financed by green bonds. This can identify avenues for improvement and spur more informed discussions among various market participants. The research covers 627 bonds from 382 issuers, worth USD163.2bn.
- Availability and quality of reporting are good, but can improve
- Most, but not all, issuers meet regulatory requirements
- Impact disclosure is generally good
- Stringent but complex regulatory framework
- Greater regulatory consolidation and consistency can unlock more potential
Download the report here